Guiding and Empowering the Next Generation of Leaders
We are dedicated to encouraging & empowering youth through one on one relationships. We believe one friend can make a difference. This friendship helps develop the confidence, character, & academic skills youth need to succeed in college, break the cycle of poverty & become agents of change in their community. As the relationship grows, so does the potential for positive change.
- Meet with a child 1-2 hours a week for a minimum of one year (at the end of year you and the child can recommit. The most helpful mentor relationships last several years.)
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Have college experience or equivalent life experience
- Actively involved in a local church and have ongoing close fellowship
- Read the Mentoring Role Description
Intake Process for Mentoring:
- Fill out a Volunteer Mentor Application
- Complete a COYFC Theology Survey
- Attend a Mentor Training (RSVP below)
- Meet with COYFC Mentoring team for a 1-on-1 interview and obtaining a background check
RSVP for Mentor Training:
All mentors are required to attend COYFC Mentor Orientation. RSVP here for this training.
Additionally, Gracehaven mentors attend a Gracehaven Training after the above training. RSVP here for Gracehaven Training.